Facts at a Glance
Tuition and Financial Aid
Grades K-6: $4,060 + fees. Grades 7-8: $10,000 + fees. Grades 9-12: $13,000 + fees. More than 80% of all students (Middle and Prep Divisions) receive aid totaling $3.8; the average grant is $5,460.
Interscholastic Sports (Prep Division)
Crew (Fall & Spring), cross-country, soccer, water polo, basketball, fencing, swimming, track (Indoor & Outdoor), wrestling, baseball, golf and crew.
Choir, jazz band, wind ensemble, drama guild, newspaper, yearbook, photography, literary magazine, hiking & camping, campus ministry, Model U.N., 520 Corp. (student maintenance company), liturgical dance, chess club, tutoring club and martial arts. (Not all activities are available in each division).
College Acceptance Data
Ninety-eight percent of students attend college. Recent graduates have attended Amherst, Bates, Boston College, Bowdoin, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Davidson, Drexel, Drew, Fairfield, Franklin & Marshall, Georgetown, George Washington, Harvard, Holy Cross, Howard, Johns Hopkins, Lehigh, Loyola, Montclair State, Morehouse, NJIT, NYU, Northeastern, Penn, Pomona, RPI, Princeton, Providence, Rutgers, Scranton, St. Anselm, St. Bonventure, St. John’s (MN), St. Vincent, Seton Hall, Stanford, Stevens, Swarthmore, USNA, USMA, Villanova, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wesleyan, and Williams.
Buildings and Grounds
15 buildings on 12 acres in Newark’s University Heights.
- Newark Abbey, St. Mary’s Church, Abbey Hospitality Center.
- Old Building (headmaster, admissions and financial aid, laboratories, computing center, bookstore, classrooms).
- Cawley Hall (Conlin Auditorium, cafeteria, infirmary, classrooms).
- Radel Library (reading and reference room)
- St. Mary’s Hall (art studios, classrooms).
- Turrell House (residence for faculty, students and guests).
- Radel Office Building (Starfire Counseling Center).
- Henry & Agnes Brennan (HAB) Center (pool, gym, classrooms).
- Shanley Gym (gym, athletic locker rooms and house lockers).
- Recreation Complex (2 fields, track, plaza).
- Bishop Joseph Francis Hall (advancement and alumni, business office, college counseling).
- Fr. Theodore Howarth, O.S.B. Field House (fencing room, locker rooms, maintenance department).
- Leahy House (dormitory for 60 students with 4 faculty apartments).