St. Benedict’s Prep is a 150-year-old Catholic school with a rigorous academic program. The 800 students (co-ed K-6, single sex boys and girls 7-8, and all-boys 9-12) and 60 faculty members work together to build a community whose members are responsible to one another for developing character and talent.
Cover letter and resume should be sent to Michael Fazio, chief advancement officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of employment at St. Benedict's Prep include:
- Competitive salary, medical and retirement.
- Safe, nurturing academic community with high standards of achievement and discipline within a community oriented atmosphere.
- Professional development and continuing education support.
- Middle States Accreditation
All candidates must complete an application for employment and be willing to submit to a background check.
The school is currently seeking energetic and dedicated individuals for the following full-time positions:
LEADERSHIP GIFTS OFFICER (Advancement)
St. Benedict’s Preparatory School (www.sbp.org) is seeking a full-time leadership gifts officer, responsible for building and managing a portfolio of prospects, primarily individuals, who have the financial capacity to make leadership level gifts to the School of at least $25,000 to support strategic fund raising priorities for endowment, capital, annual, and programmatic projects. The leadership gifts officer will develop strategies to qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward alumni and friends, working collaboratively with the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) and the advancement team.
- Develops and implements leadership and planned gift strategies for a prospect portfolio of up to 100.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards prospects with a goal of 36 visits per quarter.
- Works with volunteers and other members of the School community, including the CAO, Headmaster, and Board of Trustees, to identify and cultivate prospects.
- Ensures and maintains proper prospect documentation using Raiser’s Edge, the School’s donor database/CRM.
- Collaborates with internal units including Annual Giving, Alumni Relations, Advancement Records and Communications.
- Participates in cultivation events and programs both locally, regionally and nationally.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chief Advancement Officer.
A Bachelor’s degree is required with a Master’s degree preferred. Five to ten years of experience in fund-raising or relevant field (such as sales).
Successful candidates must demonstrate skills and expertise in planning and decision making, communication, human relations, salesmanship, persistence and patience. A high degree of initiative is expected along with strong organizational skills and the ability to identify and construct solutions. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously (working both independently and as a member of a team) are required. Knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge software is a plus. Candidates should possess a commitment to the ideals of Benedictine education. A personal vehicle is required, as well as a willingness to travel and work outside of normal business hours. Capital campaign experience and knowledge of planned giving instruments are a plus.
ANNUAL GIVING AND STEWARDSHIP OFFICER (Advancement)
St. Benedict’s Preparatory School (www.sbp.org) is seeking a full-time annual giving and stewardship officer, responsible for supporting the School’s efforts to grow donor participation and steward its most generous benefactors. The annual giving and stewardship officer will work in concert with the senior director of advancement on direct marketing initiatives to bolster St. Benedict’s annual giving program (direct mail, video, social media, email) and will support the alumni and donor relations officer with leadership level acknowledgements, scholarship administration and event logistics.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the planning, execution, and management of SBP’s annual giving program, including email, direct mail, marketing videos, phone outreach, and personal visits with select donors.
- Execute regular and timely outreach to LYBUNTs to ensure continued growth in St. Benedict’s donor base while avoiding lapsed donors.
- Coordinate marketing and benefit fulfilment for the Monte Cassino Society (leadership society for $1,000+ donors), Loyalty Society (consecutive year donors) and Omnes Pariter Society (planned giving society).
- Assist with scholarship administration in coordination with the Admission and Finance offices; track recipients and prepare reports for donors.
- Work with leadership gift officers to develop and implement stewardship strategies that strengthen long-term relationships with major donors.
- Write and coordinate the mailing of leadership-level acknowledgment and stewardship letters for signature by the headmaster, chief advancement officer, or key volunteers.
- Assist with the planning and execution of alumni and donor events, including the School’s annual Headmaster’s Reception for leadership-level donors and prospects.
- Manage all recognition efforts: naming of physical space (plaques, buildings, commemorative spaces, etc.), including the design, installment and maintenance of signage.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. Three to five years of experience in fund-raising or relevant field.Other Considerations:
Successful candidates must demonstrate skills in writing, organization, and attention to detail. Strong prior experience writing correspondence or copy is essential. Experience with donor databases and prospect tracking systems, particularly Raiser’s Edge, is preferred. The selected candidate will have experience in, or an acumen for, event planning and will prove him/herself to be highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple requests. Creativity, curiosity, a sense of humor, high energy, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals is required. Candidates will possess a commitment to the ideals of Benedictine education.