St. Benedict’s Prep is a 150-year-old Catholic school with a rigorous academic program. The 800 students (co-ed K-6, single sex boys and girls 7-8, and all-boys 9-12) and 60 faculty members work together to build a community whose members are responsible to one another for developing character and talent.
Cover letter and resume should be sent to Assistant Headmaster for Academics Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of employment at St. Benedict's Prep include:
- Competitive salary, medical and retirement.
- Safe, nurturing academic community with high standards of achievement and discipline within a community oriented atmosphere.
- Professional development and continuing education support.
- Middle States Accreditation
All candidates must complete an application for employment and be willing to submit to a background check.
The school is currently seeking energetic and dedicated individuals for the following full-time positions:
High School Biology Teacher
St. Benedict's Prep seeks an energetic, dedicated, full-time high school biology teacher to begin in late July. The position includes teaching an elective in the sciences (to be determined based on teacher expertise and school need) as well as core biology classes to students in the Prep Division (grades 9-12). The successful candidate teaches in a manner that will help our students succeed as learners, gain necessary post-graduation skills, and grow in college readiness. Faculty members are also expected to participate in another facet of school life, whether as a coach or activity moderator. We have needs in many extracurricular and co-curricular areas, especially track and swimming.
- Be flexible with the methods and modalities in presenting the topics.
- Be engaging to include students with varied abilities and affinities.
- Be balanced with rigor and creativity in treating the subject matter.
- Be collaborative with colleagues in shaping the curriculum and meeting the academic needs of the students.
- Be nurturing of the natural curiosity of our students.
- Be outgoing and excited about being a role model and a mentor to our students.
St. Benedict’s seeks CDL drivers, holding P and S endorsements, to drive teams and activities on trips using school-owned buses. Drivers are needed for both short and longer distance trips, particularly in the afternoons and evenings as well as on weekends.